Be library’s artist-in-residence
Application deadline: Sunday, Dec. 15, 2019
Richland Library is taking applications for its Spring 2020 artist-in-residence position. The application deadline is Dec. 15, 2019.
If you, or someone you know, is an artist, please consider this unique opportunity. The library is looking for:
- experienced painters,
- or fine artists
who are ready to share their craft and passion with the Midlands.
Created in 2015, the residency program gives artists, performers and makers of all types and disciplines the ability to work freely in their own studio space, share their works and artistic process with the community and provide learning opportunities and programs for library customers.
The selected artist will receive more than a title. You get:
- Dedicated studio space. You’ll have full access to your own studio space as well as the Media and Fine Arts Studios and Woodshop at Richland Library Main.
- A monthly stipend (and programming supplies)
- To exhibit. Inspire, engage and enrich our customers with an exhibition of your work in The Gallery.
- Staff support. Work closely with the library’s arts coordinator, marketing and digital strategy and community relations teams to create and promote programming.
In exchange, you are expected to give:
- Studio time. Hold 20 open office hours/month and work in your studio as often as possible
- Learning opportunities:
- Collaborate with library staff on arts programming for the public and lead art programs.
- Lead workshops for the public and/or staff.
If you’re interested in becoming an artist-in-residence, please fill out an application here:
The deadline to apply is midnight, Sunday, Dec. 15.