School’s (gonna be) out for the summer
Get ready with Summer Arts Education Project Grants
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, January 4, 2022
We know you’re thinking about turkey and dressing this week.
Some Brussels sprouts. Cranberry salad. A hot roll or two (or three…). And pumpkin pie.
But we’re also nearing the midway point of the schoolyear. And educators and savvy parents and care providers are already thinking about summer.
So is the South Carolina Arts Commission. If your S.C. nonprofit organization (arts & non-arts), college/universities or unit of government provides K-12 arts learning experiences during the summer, there’s a new grant to help you do just that. (Schools are not eligible.)
Summer Arts Education Project Grants support quality arts education programs for K-12 students between school years, through both traditional providers (arts organizations) and other organizations (e.g., social service, health, community, education) that utilize the arts to meet the educational, developmental, and social needs of K-12 students. This two-year grant supports projects occurring during the summers of 2022 and 2023.
The grant provides up to $25,000 each for summer 2022 and summer 2023.
- expand student access to arts education opportunities; and
- complement, augment, or advance standards-based arts instruction or arts integration activities delivered to students during the course of the school day curriculum; and
- be focused on or include significant components delivering quality instruction and/or experiences in the visual arts, performing arts, media arts, design arts, folk and traditional arts, or creative writing; and
- address South Carolina’s 2017 College and Career Ready Standards for Visual and Performing Arts Proficiency.
Examples of eligible activities include, but are not limited to:
- Artist residencies
- Public art projects
- Acquisition of critical equipment or supplies
- Program planning
- Professional development for instructors, artists, and/or administrators.
If this is relevant to your interests, click here to learn more about Summer Arts Education Project Grants. The Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2022 deadline to apply will be here before you know it.