Established arts org hiring executive director
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, March 1, 2021
The Fine Arts Center of Kershaw County, located in historic Camden, is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit performing arts center serving Kershaw County as a cultural center for entertainment and education in the performing and visual arts. Founded in 1974 the campus has three main buildings: The Bassett Building with a 284 seat auditorium, gallery, and a smaller black box theatre in a performing arts wing that also includes an outdoor Pavilion area; The Daniels Education Building (music, visual art and dance studios) and the historic The Douglas-Reed House circa 1812.
The executive director provides overall artistic and administrative leadership to the center. The director is responsible for achieving the center’s goals for artistic excellence, audience development, fundraising, sponsorship and business relations development, financial sustainability, and community engagement. The director sets the artistic vision, including the selection of performances, artists, and other creative and educational programming.
The position is a full-time, salaried position with a competitive compensation package. The director’s duties include, but are not limited to, hiring and managing full and part-time employees as well as contract employees, fundraising and development, budget management, and season development and implementation of performances and programs. In addition, effective communication with the board of directors and other committees that pertain to the functionality of the center.
- College graduate with at least 5 years management experience, preferably in a nonprofit organization, with significant experience in the arts or a related area.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field is a plus.
- Knowledge of the Kershaw County area arts community is a plus; with a desire to live in the area.
- Proven record as a successful fundraiser.
- Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong planning, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to positively motivate and develop staff, board, and volunteers and build consensus.
- Visionary and innovative thinker.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all sectors of the community, the board of directors and staff.
Procedure for applying
Qualified candidates should e-mail a current resume, together with a cover letter indicating interest in the position and salary requirements to Board President Mary Ellen Green at email@example.com. Deadline for applications is March 1, 2021. For more information about the Arts Center, visit www.fineartscenter.org.