Promoting, Selling, and Cultivating (20% – 8 hours a week)
- Provide consistently excellent communication and customer service to clients
- Attend internal and external meetings as deemed necessary or as assigned, and work as a team with other museum staff
- Identify, research, and pitch new prospects for rentals and vendor or community partnerships, participate in cultivation and solicitation
- Consider rental contacts, both inquiries and confirmed, for membership and donor cultivation
- Meet goals for rental sales, sponsorships and corporate memberships each fiscal year
- Attend community and networking events as necessary to build relationships and promote the museum
This is a full-time, non-exempt position not to exceed 40 hours per week. Schedule varies, requiring flexibility, including an average of 2-4 evenings weekly and 2-3 weekends per month. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs, move furniture and equipment, reach, stand, and walk for extended hours.
Knowledge and Experience
Knowledge of facility operations, event planning, sales management, accounting, marketing, or administration helpful. Experience working as part of a team, strong verbal and written communication and customer service skills, and strong organization required.
Skills and Abilities
Be a positive, confident employee and an advocate for the museum. Interact with people from all backgrounds in a clear, courteous, and respectful way. Be a highly motivated team player who is enthusiastic and proactive, and who thrives in a very fast-paced environment. Should have a passion for the job and the museum, and be creative, innovative, agile, and vibrant. Possess a strong sense of urgency, priority, and follow-through. Maintain a consistently professional appearance. Work independently, anticipate needs, and manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously. Be able to work collegially with staff across departments to achieve common objectives. Discretion and sound judgment are required. Maintain the highest professional and ethical standards.
Applicants are asked to send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Ed. note: No application deadline was given.)