Rural Arts Director position opens
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, October 31, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. ET
- COMPENSATION INFORMATION: $54,000-$58,000 / FT / State benefits
If you are a connector with rural roots, the SCAC would like to talk.
Today, the rural arts director position opened for applications. The person in this new role provides leadership for activities related to building participation in the arts and strengthening rural communities through arts initiatives in South Carolina. They play a vital role in working with rural constituents, grantees, and organizations and provide consulting and assistance to counties or regions of the state. A few things they can expect to do include:
- create programming to serve rural communities and local rural arts organizations statewide
- advise, and facilitate, community meetings with stakeholders
- Coordinates agency efforts to support arts-based, rural community development statewide
- serve as the SCAC’s liaison with the rural arts community, rural organizations, and artists
- provide consultative services for rural arts constituents and serve as a resource and advisor for rural agency programs
- assist with rural cultural planning, development of grant applications, budgeting, and program administration
- connect rural communities, people, places and economic opportunities via physical spaces or new relationships
Additionally, the cross-sector coordinator position that opened in September remains open for a few more days!
Working under the supervision of the arts industry director, the cross-sector coordinator plays a vital role in working with constituents, grantees, artists, and organizations on cross-sector initiatives throughout the state, including but not limited to: economic development, health, military veterans, housing, creative aging, adult literacy, and incarcerated populations.
Learn more about these positions and apply from the jobs page at SouthCarolinaArts.com. The application deadlines for these positions are:
- Cross-sector coordinator: October 16, 2023 11:59 p.m. ET
- Rural arts director: October 31, 2023, 11:59 p.m. ET