Chicora Voices looking for executive director
Application deadline: Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2018
Chicora Voices in Greenville is seeking a part-time executive director to manage operations and strategic execution.
He/she is responsible for overseeing fundraising efforts, community outreach, marketing, and organizational administration. This role reports to the board of directors. Chicora Voices Executive Director is responsible for several core functions:
- Financial performance and fundraising
- Organizational operations
- Community outreach and marketing
- Board of directors responsibilities
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree; knowledge of fundraising strategies, specific to non-profit and arts
organizations; ability to work independently, as well as engage volunteer and donor groups; strong written communication, oral communication, and presentation skills.
Chicora Voices is a recognized 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides six single-gender choirs for boys, girls, young women and young men of Upstate South Carolina and Western North Carolina. The choirs perform independently and together as an ensemble.
The mission of Chicora Voices is to provide a premier choral experience for young people of Greenville and the surrounding communities. These are our goals as we work to accomplish our mission:
- To provide high quality musical training in the choral setting that promotes music literacy and healthy singing habits.
- To achieve artistic excellence in musical performances.
- To develop self-discipline in an environment promoting mutual respect.
- To promote a lifelong appreciation and enjoyment of choral music.
- To provide need-based scholarships to deserving students.