Application deadline extended to February 8, 2016
Becoming a presenter for the first time can be daunting. Where can I find the best artists for my community? How do I apply my marketing and management skills to a new position? How do I negotiate contracts to be fair to my organization and the artist? Who can I call for advice?
Philadanco performing at 2015 PAE Juried Showcases – Photograph by Bruce France
South Arts‘ new program, Launchpad, is designed to provide a year-long support system to professionals who are new to the performing arts presenting field in South Arts’ nine-state region. This new program offers professional development, mentorship, and a travel subsidy for participation at the 2016 Performing Arts Exchange in Orlando, Fla. In addition, there is an opportunity to receive funding to join your statewide presenters’ network and to support artist fees for presenting one of our 2016 showcase artists. Up to seven presenters will be selected in this inaugural cohort.
The goals of this pilot:
- Provide professional development for new presenting professionals
- Share resources for identifying high-quality artists
- Support learning through a peer network group and individual mentoring
Selected applicants will receive:
- Travel subsidy for attending the 2016 Performing Arts Exchange (PAE), September 26-29, 2016, in Orlando, Fla. (up to $1,000)
- Presenting grant to book a 2016 PAE juried showcase artist or South Arts showcase artist for the 2017-2018 season (up to $2,500)
- Support for statewide presenters’ network annual dues/fees (up to $200)
- Connection to a mentor
Only executive directors, associate directors, or programming directors (i.e., individuals responsible for curating/programming season) that have been in their presenting role for less than two years prior to the Performing Arts Exchange start date are eligible to apply. Previous PAE attendees are not eligible.
Complete eligibility requirements and guidelines are available online. Applicants are encouraged to contact Nikki Estes, program director, at (404) 874-7244, ext. 16, to discuss eligibility prior to submitting an application.
Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. (Eastern Time) on February 8, 2016.
Via: South Arts