August 15 is the next deadline.
Quarterly Project Support grants can help fund arts projects and programs or professional development opportunities for artistic and managerial staff. This program also supports arts activities that promote an individual artist’s professional development or career advancement. Examples of projects funded this year include support for an international artist residency, an online arts calendar and attendance at an arts conference.
Teacher Standards Implementation grants help arts teachers acquire the supplies, materials and expertise necessary for meeting the 2010 Visual and Performing Arts Academic Standards. TSI funds may be used to pay for consumable and non-consumable resources and teacher professional development. Examples of items funded this year include the purchase of string instruments, music books and equipment to teach digital animation.
How to apply
Quarterly Project Support and TSI grants offer four opportunities to apply each year with these deadlines: May 15, August 15, November 15 and February 15.
Quarterly Project Support grants for artists or organizations:
- First, review this introductory page to find out if you live in a county covered by one of the Arts Commission’s subgranting organizations. If you do, you should apply to that organization for quarterly projects. (The Arts Commission grants funds to these subgranting organizations for this purpose.)
- If not, read the quarterly project guidelines for artists or organizations for complete application instructions.
Teacher Standards Implementation grants:
- Applicants must be public, private, charter, or parochial schools in South Carolina.
- More than one teacher from a school may apply.
- Teachers at ABC sites are not eligible.
- Read the TSI guidelines for complete application instructions.
For both Quarterly and TSI grants, you may contact your county or discipline coordinator to discuss your project before applying or for help during the application process. Be sure to check out currently funded grant awards for more ideas about eligible projects.
Image: Brunson Elementary School in Hampton School District One received a TSI grant in 2015 to purchase paint and brushes.