Proposed Project: Public mural project in downtown Clemson
The City of Clemson Arts and Culture Commission has initiated a public mural project as way of establishing a public art presence in downtown Clemson. The artwork will be located on the side wall of a historic building in downtown Clemson. Clemson community members will be invited and encouraged to participate in the process of selecting the artwork.
- Establish a public art presence in downtown Clemson
- Create a piece of public art for an outdoor environment that reflects the spirit, history, and uniqueness of the City of Clemson
- Engage the Clemson residential and business community in the decision-making process
- Promote downtown Clemson as a destination dedicated to fostering community collaborations and partnerships
- Select a dedicated and qualified artist or artist team that can demonstrate artistic excellence while completing this project on time and within budget
- January 17: RFP released
- February 21: Deadline for Questions
- March 2: RFP closes
- March 10: Short list of proposals selected
- March 23 – 31: Community engagement and voting
- April 6: Final artist announced
- May 8: Final design due from artist
- May 12: Final design review and approval
- No later than August 1: Art production completed
Completed proposals will be on display at Clemson City Hall from March 23-31, 2020. Community members will be invited to share their input.
Please see more information at the link to the RPF PDF file on the City of Clemson website.