Jazz Artists of Charleston seeks executive director
Jazz Artists of Charleston seeks a dynamic leader to serve as Executive Director to advance the mission and agenda of the organization. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for the organization including, but not limited to, fundraising, staff oversight, programmatic development and implementation, marketing, strategic planning, financial management, and constituent cultivation.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and expand all organizational fundraising activities.
- Cultivate new relationships and opportunities for revenue generation.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of organizational communication including traditional outlets as well as web presence and social media.
- Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and organizational systems.
- Oversee all budgeting activities for JAC including development, implementation, and monitoring activities.
- Work with the bookkeeper and treasurer to maintain and refine accounting procedures for managing and tracking JAC finances and funds. Communicate JAC’s performance and financial information with the board monthly and with funders as appropriate.
- Work with the Board of Directors to refine policies and practices in fundraising, marketing, public relations, accounting, information systems, ticketing, and human resources.
- Work with the Artistic Council and the Board to develop and implement all JAC programming efforts.
- Ensure all regulatory compliance.
- Hire, train, and evaluate employees. Ensure that job descriptions are developed and that regular performance evaluations are held consistent with organizational policy.
- Be an accessible advocate in the community for JAC and all area live jazz music.
- 5+ years of senior management experience.
- A proven track record of successful fundraising through events, grants, corporate solicitation, and individual donor cultivation efforts.
- A passion for jazz and a desire to further develop a nonprofit organization in pursuit of mission.
- Strong managerial, motivational, and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including public speaking. Proven ability to generate professional quality written materials.
- Proven financial management experience including budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Knowledge of nonprofit boards and best practices.
- Proficient at multi-tasking, prioritizing, problem solving, delegating, and taking initiative.
Compensation commensurate with experience.
- Electronic submissions are required and only complete submissions will be considered. Please submit as a pdf file.
- Qualified candidates should e-mail a current resume, together with a cover letter indicating interest in the position and salary requirements to Chris Burgess at Chris@charlestonjazz.com. Candidate screening will be ongoing until the position is filled. Priority given to applications received by July 20, 2015.
About Jazz Artists of Charleston
Jazz Artists of Charleston (JAC) is a South Carolina-based, nonprofit organization incorporated to foster a professional environment for jazz musicians, artists, students and enthusiasts in the Charleston area. Its mission is to develop, promote, and support a vibrant and creative jazz culture through concerts, special outreach events, and educational programs. JAC endeavors to preserve and bolster Charleston’s rich musical history and legacy as it explores the various realms of jazz in terms of how it is created as well as its stylistic expressions.
Via: Jazz Artists of Charleston