International touring help for performers
USArtists grants for FY22
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, March 31, 2021
USArtists International (USAI) funds U.S. performing artists, both individuals and ensembles, traveling to or performing virtually at international festivals and arts markets.
If that sounds like you, apply for up to $15,000 to support your engagements between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022. The deadline to apply is March 31, 2021.
A Fuller Picture
- Professional performing artists in dance, music, theater, multidisciplinary work, and folk/traditional arts. Ensembles and individual artists are eligible to apply.
- at least half of the performers must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- applicant must have 501(c)(3) status OR work with a fiscal sponsor
- applicant must have invitation to perform at an international festival or arts market
WHAT…can you actually apply for?
Artists can apply for funds to support: performance fees, agents’ fees related to participation in the international engagement, registration/application fees up to $250, and fiscal sponsor administration fees. If you’re traveling to the performance, you can also apply for flight, housing, per diem, shipping, and visa costs. If you’re performing virtually, you can apply for up to $2,500 in technology needs (hardware and software).
WHEN…is the project window?
Applications due on March 31, 2021 are for projects or engagements that are scheduled to occur in person or virtually between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022.
WHERE…can you go with grant funds?
Anywhere outside the U.S. and its territories! You can apply for up to three eligible international festivals—as long as you don’t return to the U.S. between festivals—on a single application.
HOW…can I learn more?
- Read the full guidelines for the program
- Check out the webinar offerings, listed below
- If you have questions, reach out to program staff via email: Robyn Busch, Program Officer, International, at Robyn@midatlanticarts.org; Leah Harrison, Program Associate, International, at Leah@midatlanticarts.org.
In addition to artists and engagements that demonstrate excellence and merit, USAI works to promote the range of United States performing arts by supporting America’s aesthetic, geographic, gender, and racial diversity.
- Ready? Start your application.
- Not quite ready to apply? Future application deadlines in 2021 and 2022 will be announced this summer.