APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, July 7, 2023
It’s that time again, and The Hub is here for it.
Greenville Center for Creative Arts is seeking artists to apply for the exciting 2023/2024 Brandon Fellowship, a high-profile, 12-month program from September 2023 to August 2024 that aims to develop three emerging artists between the ages of 21-30 who represent the diversity of Greenville’s art community.
Successful candidates are visual artists who are eager to advance their careers as working artists, and who demonstrate promising talent, self-motivation, and goal orientation. The Fellowship provides a supportive environment, mentorship, professional development, and visual art education.
The three main goals of the Brandon Fellowship are:
- To help young, emerging artists launch their careers
- To foster a sense of community
- To reflect the diversity of Greenville artists
From left to right: Faith Hudgens, Orlando Corona, RaAmen Stallings. The 2022/2023 Brandon Fellows showcase their live painting skills at Artisphere’s Artist on the Rise tent.
- Applicants must be between 21 and 30 years of age by the end of the application period.
- Prior professional art training or post-secondary education is not required.
- Applicants should be eager to advance their careers as working artists, and they must demonstrate promising talent, self-motivation, and goal-orientation.
- At the time of application, the applicant must be a citizen of the United States or a lawful permanent resident for at least 5 years.
- Selection will be made without regard to marital status, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
- You are committed to working around 20 hours per week in your GCCA studio.
- A free university-style studio at GCCA, where a minimum of 20 hours per week must be spent working. Fellows often interact with guests during GCCA’s public hours.
- A $500 stipend for art supplies.
- Complimentary classes and workshops at GCCA.
- Mentorship from local artists including monthly critiques and advice about applying for a juried show while in the fellowship.
- Participation in an exhibition in August-September including presentation of an ARTalk.
- Opportunities for networking, collaboration, and participation in other local arts events.
- Broad exposure as an artist in Greenville and beyond including managing a social media takeover of GCCA’s social platforms.
Click here to learn more and apply!