In collaboration with the South Carolina Autism Society and Columbia College, Harbison Theatre at Midlands Technical College is offering a one-day workshop designed to better help dance educators serve their dancers with autism spectrum disorder. The workshop takes place Sept. 10 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m at Harbison Theatre. Registration fee is $25 and includes lunch.
The workshop will cover:
- Sensory sensitivity in the dance studio
- Fine and gross motor challenges
- Behavioral expectations in the dance studio
- Relaxed performance procedures
All participants receive a ticket to the Parsons Dance relaxed performance on November 19.
Find out more and register.
This seminar for teachers is part of a larger collaboration aimed at increasing and deepening the opportunities for dancers and dance fans with autism and their families to enjoy professional dance instruction and performance. These additional opportunities are available:
- October 1 and 22 – Beginning dance workshop for dancers with autism spectrum disorder
- November 16 – Masterclass for dancers with autism spectrum disorder taught by Parsons Dance
- November 19 – Relaxed performance by Parsons Dance