Coastal Community Foundation seeks Communications Intern
The Coastal Community Foundation of South Carolina, based in Charleston, is hiring a Communications Intern. This part-time, hourly position reports to the Communications Associate and is responsible for assisting with the print and electronic communications and public relation efforts of Coastal Community Foundation.
The Communications Intern may assist with researching best practices, tracking the impact of communications efforts and project management of special initiatives and events. Priority will be given to drafting copy for press releases and advertisements, researching and writing stories for publications, creating content for social media accounts and other projects as assigned.
In the fall semester, the Communications Intern will be expected to work between 10-15 hours per week, while in the spring semester the time commitment will be 15-20 hours per week. The Communications Intern earns an hourly wage of $10/hour.
- Contributes content to Foundation social media outlets including but not limited to the Foundation blog, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and Facebook accounts.
- Gather and help maintain biographical files for Fund Establishers.
- Archives earned media mentions, Foundation publications and photographs.
- Assist in formatting basic layout and production of newsletters, forms, flyers, and other Foundation-related collateral as needed.
- Assist with special events and community projects as needed.
- Assist donors, Board members, grantees, Professional Advisors, and the general public in a courteous, helpful, and respectful manner.
- Support the Coastal Community Foundation’s practice of encouraging diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
- Pursue and apply professional and academic knowledge as necessary for the position.
Knowledge, skills, experience, and education needed
- Must be pursuing a college degree.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, writing, organizational, and communication skills a must with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced production environment with proven success handling overlapping deadlines.
- Proficiency in social media tools: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, blogs, etc.
- Video editing capability or Adobe Creative Suite knowledge a plus.
Submit a resume and cover letter by Friday, August 28 at 5 p.m. to Monica@CoastalCommunityFoundation.org. Must be available for in-person interview during the week of August 31.
Via: Coastal Community Foundation