South Carolina Arts Awards Luncheon guests browse the Art Sale in 2017.
Deadline: March 12, 2018
The S.C. Arts Foundation (SCAF) seeks South Carolina artists to participate in the 2018 Art Sale. The sale will be held in conjunction with the South Carolina Arts Awards, including the Elizabeth O’Neill Verner Governor’s Awards for the Arts and the Jean Laney Harris Folk Heritage Awards. The 2018 Art Sale is the centerpiece of the South Carolina Arts Awards Luncheon – a celebration of the South Carolina Arts Awards recipients – on Wednesday, May 2, 2018. The luncheon will be held at the USC Alumni Center (900 Senate St., Columbia).
The Art Sale was conceived as a sales opportunity for artists and as an opportunity to build and promote arts patronage. Artists included in the 2018 Art Sale will be selected by a panel composed of members of the South Carolina Arts Foundation board and other arts professionals.
Works included in the sale must be original and of high artistic quality; have a broad appeal; be representative of the artist’s style and framed with appropriate hanging devices. In general, 2-D work should be in the size range of 24” height and 36” width (inclusive of frame) and 3-D work should be freestanding or should be able to fit on a pedestal that is 24” x 24.” The parameters for dimensions are provided as a guide and should not be interpreted as absolute dimensions.
The price of works included in the Art Sale is provided by the artist. If sold, the price will be split 75/25 (artist/SCAF). Artwork included in the sale should not exceed $500.
Artists are requested to provide high-quality digital images of the work(s) selected to be included in print and online promotional materials.
To be considered for the Art Sale, please submit the following materials by March 12th online through Submittable at https://scartscommission.submittable.com/submit/107753/2018-art-sale-call-to-artists.
2018 South Carolina Arts Awards Luncheon Art Sale:
Guidelines and Conditions
- Works should be of high artistic quality.
- Works should have a broad appeal.
- Works must be original.
- Works must be framed with appropriate hanging devices (in the case of wall-hung pieces).
- Works should be representative of the artist’s style.
- 2-D work must not exceed 24” height and 36” width (inclusive of frame) to conform to the size of the freestanding wall system. We may be able to accommodate works that are larger.
- 3-D work should be freestanding or should be able to fit on a pedestal that is 24” x 24.” We may be able to accommodate works that are larger.
Artworks included in the Awards Luncheon Art Sale should not exceed $500.00 to encourage and accommodate impulse purchases during a one-hour sale.
Conditions of Sale
- The South Carolina Arts Foundation will handle the sale with a 75/25 split (artist/SCAF) of the artist’s stated price.
- Payment to the artist will be made within 2 – 3 weeks after the event.
Artists with Gallery Representation
Artists who are represented by a gallery are encouraged to notify the gallery of his/her participation in this sale.
If you have any questions, please contact Nick Boismenu with the South Carolina Arts Commission: