Brevard Music Center announces artistic coordinator position
Brevard Music Center (BMC) is a summer institute and festival that trains over 500 high school and college-aged musicians each year and presents a seven-week public concert series throughout the summer. BMC is seeking a full-time artistic coordinator who will support the duties of the Instruction & Performance Department and fulfill cross-departmental functions throughout all areas of the organization.
- Collaborate closely with Director of Artistic Planning & Educational Programs, and assist in diverse aspects of decision-making processes.
- Plan and maintain master location/time schedules for seasonal performances, rehearsals, classes, and concerts.
- Manage all aspects of in-season and off-season chamber music series.
- Coordinate with Library, Orchestra Management, and Production staff to ensure all performance needs are met.
- Oversee all artistic operations for off-season/pre-season programs.
- Manage faculty, staff, and intern housing assignments and arrivals/departures.
- Coordinate all aspects of guest artist visits.
- Supervise artistic summer support staff.
- Suggest and update content on Institute pages of BMC’s website.
- Collaborate with Director of Admissions on recruitment strategies, and on social media recruitment activity.
- Manage the collection and reconciliation of all departmental receipts and invoices.
- Collaborate regularly with other BMC employees and seasonal interns as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in music performance, music education, or arts administration, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced degree preferred.
- Broad acquaintance with the standard repertoire of orchestral and chamber music, and ability to produce a concert. Intimate understanding of the culture of musical performance, machinery of a symphony orchestra, and the instruction of aspiring musicians.
- Proficiency with computerized systems, including database, spreadsheet, design, word processing software, and google suite.
- Planning, analysis, detail, and organizational skills.
- Responsiveness, flexibility, and public relations skills to troubleshoot problems during the season and adapt to quickly changing needs and priorities.
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively and collaboratively with other BMC staff, faculty, Trustees, volunteers, and vendors, and promote positive relationships with patrons, students, donors, community members and others.
- Writing skills to develop website content, concert programs and grant proposal sections.
- Work takes place primarily at main office. Travels to other BMC buildings as needed to coordinate work, attend meetings and concerts, etc.
- Local/area travel related to concerts, guest artists, etc. May have occasional overnight travel for music events, auditions, or conferences.
- Works extended hours (including weekends and evenings), and is on call at all times during BMC’s summer season.
- Position reports to Director of Artistic Planning & Educational Programs.
- Complete satisfactory background check.
- Must have valid state driver’s license and possess a clean driving record.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to:
- Jason Posnock, Director of Artistic Planning & Educational Programs