ARTworks in Beaufort seeks new executive director
The Arts Council of Beaufort County, ARTworks, is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of executive director. The right candidate will possess excellent leadership, organizational, and communication skills. In addition, the executive director will be responsible for grant writing, community/corporate relationships, consistent achievement of mission and financial objectives. The executive director will report to and work closely with the board of directors. Overall, the executive director will maintain a climate which attracts, keeps and motivates a diverse staff of top-quality talent.
Interested persons should submit a cover letter, resume and letters of recommendation to Search@beaufortcountryarts.com or by mail to ARTworks, 2127 Boundary Street, Suite 18-A, Beaufort, SC 29902. Salary based on experience. Position open until filled.
The executive director is the chief executive officer of ARTworks, the community arts center of the Arts Council of Beaufort County. The executive director reports to the board of directors, and is responsible for the organization’s consistent achievement of its mission and financial objectives.
Program development and administration:
Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the board of directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Promote active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
See that the board is kept fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
Relations with staff:
Be responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel, both paid staff and volunteers.
- Ensure that job descriptions are developed, that regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are in place.
- See that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place.
- Encourage staff and volunteer development and education, and assist program staff in relating their specialized work to the total program of the organization.
- Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps, and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
Budget and finance:
Be responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Work with the staff, finance committee, and the board in preparing a budget; see that the organization operates within budget guidelines.
- Ensure that adequate funds are available to permit the organization to carry out its work.
- Jointly, with the president and secretary of the board of directors, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and jointly, with designated officers, execute legal documents.