Arts jobs alert! New openings in Columbia, Spartanburg
Columbia | Nickelodeon Theatre
Application deadline: Nov. 30, 2019
The communications manager shapes the [Columbia Film Society] brand and voice and develops strategies to engage members, reach new audiences for the theatre and media education programs and raise the local and regional profile of the Indie Grits Festival. The Manager is responsible for the development, administration, coordination, and implementation of all elements of the marketing, public relations, publications, and advertising functions of the Columbia Film Society.
This position requires a strong visual sensibility, excellent writing skills, and works closely with programming staff of the theatre and IG Labs and supervises the marketing coordinator. The communications manager reports to the executive director of the Columbia Film Society.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
The work is performed in an office setting during regularly scheduled office hours, 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday-Friday. It will require some flexibility and availability for evening activities.
- Benefits and Wages
The Columbia Film Society offers health, vision, dental care and retirement benefits. The salary range is $38,000 to $42,000.
For complete information and application instructions, click here.
Spartanburg| Chapman Cultural Center
Theater Technical Coordinator
Application deadline: none provided
Chapman Cultural Center (CCC) is seeking to fill the position of theater technical coordinator (TC). The TC would be responsible for the maintenance, oversight, and technical operations of CCC’s Theater. These responsibilities will include the oversight of the theater’s presentations and projects, all backstage and back of house personnel, equipment, operations, lighting, sound, and coordinating necessary maintenance. During periods when the services of the TC are not required in the theater, their services will be used in the maintenance and usage of technical equipment in other areas of CCC. The TC reports to the theater services manager.
Due to the high volume and complexity of the Chapman Cultural Center theater operations and the need to carefully coordinate the activities of both resident partner agencies and outside renters, the TC must demonstrate a significant degree of both technical expertise and diplomatic skills to properly manage the use of the theater on a daily basis and maintain a standard of excellence. TC is responsible for the efficient and safe operation of CCC Theater facilities and equipment.
- Work Schedule: 25 hours weekly, varies for events
- Position Status: hourly position
- Associates degree in Theater Production, Sound Engineering, Lighting, or Media Arts
- Supplementary three to five years of work related experience with training in technical theater and/or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Must be able to work flexible hours on nights and weekends
- Knowledge of technical operations, methods, materials, practices and procedures involved in theater operation
- Technical Theatre skills: sound, lighting, stagecraft; management of stage crews
- Knowledge of signal flows, microphone patching, and cable running processes
- Knowledge/experience devising and implementing technical plans for productions
- Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of safety measures and hazards related to theater production
- Must have a student mentality- open to learning new systems and processes
- Resourceful and independent but capable of being a good team player
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
To apply: Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.