Artists – apply for the Artists U/S.C. Intensive weekend!
Applications are due April 6.
On May 8 – 9, 2015, the South Carolina Arts Commission’s Artists’ Ventures Initiative will host the Artists U/SC Intensive in downtown Charleston, S.C., in the Simons Center at the College of Charleston (54 St. Philip Street, Charleston, SC 29401).
Drawing on his work with Artists U Philadelphia, artist leader Andrew Simonet, along with Karen Ann Myers, Michaela Pilar Brown, Tamara LaValla, and Rodney Lee Rogers, will outline approaches for reconnecting with our deep values, building community, and slaying the two demons of the artist’s life: time and money. Topics to be discussed:
- Why artists are poor and why they shouldn’t be
- Tools artists have used to make things easier
- How to build a life that is balanced, productive and sustainable
How to apply
- Any South Carolina artist may apply to attend.
- The weekend intensive is free, but class size is limited to 30 participants.
- You must be able to attend both sessions: Friday, May 8, 2015, from 7 – 9 p.m. AND Saturday, May 9, 2015, from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Please note that if you are traveling from out of town, you will be responsible for your own lodging, meals and transportation expenses. Additional information about the host facility and preferred hotel will be provided only to the applicants who are selected.
Complete this online application to apply.
Applications are due by midnight, Monday, April 6, 2015. Only those applicants who are selected will be contacted. Those selected will receive notice no later than April 17, 2015, via e-mail.
If you have any questions about this application or the Artists U/SC Intensive weekend, please contact Joy Young, (803) 734-8203.
Visit the South Carolina Arts Commission’s website for more information about the S.C. Artists’ Ventures Initiative.