USC Aiken’s Etherredge Center looking for next production manager
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, December 12, 2022
- COMPENSATION INFORMATION: $35,360–$50,394 per year + benefits
Under the supervision of the executive director of the Etherredge Center, the production manager is responsible for:
- the execution of technical elements (scenery, lighting and sound) for all Etherredge Center Events in the Etherredge Center’s performance venues,
- coordinating with the university theatre/Etherredge Center technical director on the execution and supervision of Department of Visual and Performing Arts technical elements,
- the timely and proper maintenance of theatrical production equipment in the Etherredge Center and the overall organization
- and appearance of theatrical support spaces in the Etherredge Center (i.e. studios, control booths, storage areas, loading dock, etc.).
The production manager will also oversee, under the direction of the Etherredge Center executive director, budgeting and purchasing for Etherredge Center spaces and events.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in related field and 5 years’ experience in theatrical and performing arts production or engineering; or high school diploma and nine (9) years’ experience in theatrical and performing arts productions or engineering.
Preferred Requirements: Master’s degree in theatre or related field and three (3) years of related theater experience; proficiency in Vectorworks or similar software.
Applicants must apply online at: https://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/135597
. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. USC Aiken is an AA/EOE.
Young jazz musicians invited to apply for Juilliard Summer Camp
Application deadline April 15
The Juilliard Summer Jazz Camp in Aiken is a one-week program for students ages 13-18 who are dedicated, disciplined and passionate about jazz. The camp is scheduled for June 10-14, 2013, at the University of South Carolina-Aiken and is open to students from across the United States who meet the requirements.
The program is designed to give young jazz musicians a taste of a Juilliard Jazz student’s life and to help them refine their technique, improvisation and performance skills. Teachers include members of the Juilliard Jazz faculty, current senior students and alumni. The daily camp schedule is from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. and includes musicianship classes, individual practices, ensemble classes and rehearsals, listening sessions and jam sessions. The camp concludes with a concert featuring all students.
Instruments for this year's camp are the trumpet, saxophone, trombone, guitar, piano, double bass and drums. There is no vocal program.
The camp is a collaboration between the Juilliard School, Juilliard in Aiken, and the University of South Carolina-Aiken.
Tuition is $400 with additional optional fees for housing and meals. Limited financial assistance is available for those who qualify. Application and non-refundable $150 deposit are due April 15.
To find out more or to apply, visit the Juilliard in Aiken website and read the camp application.
Via: Juilliard in Aiken