Tryon Fine Arts Center seeks executive director
Apply by August 1. Tryon Fine Arts Center, located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is seeking an executive director for its thriving arts center -- a 315-seat proscenium theater (presentations and rentals), an outdoor amphitheater and gardens, multiple galleries and class spaces. Requirements:
- Passion and vision for the arts
- History of successful fund-raising and grant writing
- Talent for fostering collaborative relationships in the community
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and administrative skills
- Minimum three years leadership/senior management experience in arts field
- Bachelor's degree
- Direct development and secure all presentations, programs and rentals, in partnership with support staff and the board of directors, maintaining quality, variety and excellence.
- Oversee marketing and publicity.
- Plan and oversee all fund-raising activities in partnership with support staff and the board of directors. This includes capital, annual, endowment and estate planning campaigns as well as grants and special events.
- Represent the Tryon Fine Arts Center to the public and, as such, exhibit comprehensive perspective on the center's mission, programs and services.
- Hire and manage paid and volunteer staff. (The current staff consists of three full-time and two part-time employees.)
- Develop and maintain structure for the board of directors, leading planning and building a sense of teamwork and partnership with focus on the mission.
- Ensure sound financial decisions within the parameters established by the board of directors. Prepare financial business plans, annual budgets and monthly forecasts, and monitor cash flow and income/expense trends ensuring legal and regulatory compliance.