Join the new Certified SC Arts and AgriCulture program!
The South Carolina Arts Commission and the South Carolina Department of Agriculture have launched the Certified South Carolina Arts and AgriCulture program to create awareness about the links between arts and agriculture and how those connections contribute to our economy and quality of life. Program participants are granted rights to use the Certified SC Grown® logo to make it easy for customers to identify South Carolina art associated with the state's agricultural present or past. Certified SC Arts and AgriCulture membership is free and open to South Carolina artists, nonprofit and for-profit arts-based businesses and arts-related events. To qualify, an applicant must be:
- a visual, craft, performing, literary, or film/media artist; or
- a nonprofit or for-profit organization or business that represents, sells, presents, or promotes works of art as a majority of its business; or
- a time-limited performance, exhibition, festival, etc., that presents, sells, or promotes a majority of artworks.
- the materials for artwork must be made of South Carolina agricultural products either cultivated or naturally occurring, or
- the subject matter for the artwork must depict or suggest South Carolina agriculture or forestry themes, or
- the creative form for the artwork must represent South Carolina agricultural heritage or traditions associated with agriculture and forestry.