Columbia Mini Maker Faire set for June 1
The Maker Faire is coming to Columbia! The first Columbia Mini Maker Faire is scheduled for Saturday, June 1 at EdVenture Children's Museum. Maker Faire is a festival of invention, creativity and resourcefulness and an all-ages gathering of all kinds of "makers," including tech enthusiasts, crafters, educators, hobbyists, engineers, authors, artists, students and more. Makers will show what they have made and share what they have learned. Some of the participating makers:
- Laser Light Graffiti - lasers moving in time with long-exposure photography to create simple drawings
- Outside the Box Guitars - musicians collaborating on handmade, hand-illuminated cigar box guitars
- Re-assembled Strays - old metal junk transformed into abstract sculptures, whimsical items and silly creatures
- DoodleSculpt - 3D printer designer objects created from 2D art
- Marble Roller Coasters - North Springs Elementary School STEMS magnet students design and build roller coasters from found materials.