Grant writing workshop offered by Charleston Association of Grant Professionals
The Charleston Association of Grant Professionals (CAGP) and the Office of Grants at Charleston Southern University present "Grant Writing Basics: a Step-by-Step Journey Through the Six Parts of a Proposal" on Tues., July 12, from noon to 4 p.m. at Charleston Southern University, 9200 University Blvd., North Charleston, SC 29406. The workshop will be presented by grant writer, reviewer and trainer Dr. Linda Karges-Bone, distinguished professor at Charleston Southern University and author of "The Educator's Guide to Grants for Schools and Nonprofits." Registration and a brown bag networking lunch begin at noon; drinks and desserts will be provided. The workshop takes place from 1 - 4 p.m. From the selection of a memorable title to the creative impact of a capacity-building dissemination plan, participants will acquire the necessary skills for a powerful proposal design.
- What are the four tried and true ways to begin a Project Summary?
- Why does one need both qualitative and quantitative data in a Justification Plan?
- How does one create targeted Objectives?
- What are the elements of a realistic Evaluation Plan?
- What does a robust Timeline and activity table look like?