Charleston Academy of Music seeks executive director
Applications are due Dec. 31, 2014. The Charleston Academy of Music seeks a dynamic, collaborative, arts educator who will work with the board of directors and the faculty to set the future direction of the academy while promoting its mission and values. He or she will be responsible for maintaining the high standards of quality and accessibility in music education while developing new partnerships in the community, as well as seeking new sources of funding and revenue. The executive director will provide essential day-to-day leadership to the organization and support the staff to ensure the highest standards of financial and administrative management. Responsibilities:
- Develop and oversee the music curriculum, annual calendar, and schedule of concerts and recitals for the academy.
- Recruit, vet, and hire new faculty and staff to ensure the highest quality music education.
- Supervise the day-to-day administration and operation of the academy including scheduling, finance, human resource management, facilities, and instrument maintenance.
- Oversee the production of all marketing and promotional materials and oversee the production and distribution of the annual fundraising letter.
- Define the fundraising strategy to seek potential gifts, grants and related opportunities.
- Identify and secure new opportunities that would benefit CAM and the Charleston arts community.
- Respond to the board in matters related to governance, strategic development, financial oversight, and maintenance of 501-C-3 status for CAM.
- Produce the annual budget for CAM and retain ultimate responsibility for all fiscal management and reporting.
- Develop and manage partnership projects in collaboration with other organizations.
- Supervise the Honors Program scholarships and Financial Aid awards.
- Conduct the Performance Classes and student concerts.
- Develop relationships with school music teachers and/or principals to promote CAM and recruit students.