Workshop offered by city of Columbia
The Artist Entrepreneur – How to Monetize Your Art and Creative Skills
July 21, 2021 | 12-1:30 p.m.
- Introduction to business vocabulary such as cost of goods sold, profit margin, and inventory
- Overview of city requirements for doing business including licensure and support systems
- Business models for artist entrepreneurs
- Business Model Canvas as a tool for business planning
- Funding, start-up, grants, sales, and other sources
- Examples of successful artist ventures for the purpose of learning
Click here to register for this free workshop! Artists do not have to be Columbia residents to attend.
Meet the Presenter
Dr. Kasie Whitener teaches entrepreneurship at the University of South Carolina and runs Clemson Road Creative, a shared services company providing operational support to independent consultants. She is the author of Practical Entrepreneurism (Great River Learning, 2021) and co-authored Redesign Work Volume 1: A Beginner’s Guide to Autonomy in 2020. In 2018, she co-founded the Women’s Business Center of South Carolina at Columbia College.