Applicants must be at least 35 years old; application deadline is Jan. 30, 2015.
The Alice Conger Patterson Scholarship is designed to encourage South Carolina individuals to pursue continuing education or to develop a creative endeavor in order to enhance a career in the arts or to change career direction. Preference is given to endeavors involving the literary arts. The Alice Conger Patterson Scholarship reflects the goals of the Emrys Foundation, whose mission is to nurture creativity in emerging and established writers, to expand the impact of the literary arts and collaborate across a broad variety of art forms to give voice to the written word.
The application deadline is Friday, Jan. 30, 2015, by 5 p.m.
Applications should be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Scholarship submission for [your name]. Instruct reference writers to email references to email@example.com with the subject line: Scholarship recommendation for [your name].
Please read the application guidelines carefully.
Who may apply for a grant:
- The scholarship accepts applications from individuals only.
- Must be at least 35 years or older.
- Must be a resident of South Carolina and a citizen of the United States with a Social Security number.
- Must have demonstrated an interest in an existing career or new career in the arts, which the scholarship would enhance.
Who may not apply:
- An individual holding elective office or public office may not apply.
- A person may not apply on behalf of another.
- Groups, organizations, businesses, and 501(c) (3) tax exempt entities may not apply.
- Emrys Foundation current board members and members of their families may not apply.
- Grants range from $500 to $1,000.
- Be advised that the Internal Revenue Service considers grant funds to be taxable income.
- Tuition grants will be made directly to any accredited academic institution.
- Grants for creative endeavors will be made to the individual artist.
The electronic application submission must typed and no more than 2 pages (8-1/2 x 11). The submission must include:
- Your name, e-mail address, phone number and birth date at top of first page
- Description and duration of the project/class
- Reason why it will enhance your objective
- Descriptive item-by-item list of expenses and/or course information for the project
- Your résumé
- Two letters of reference
For more information, visit the Emrys Foundation’s website.
Via: The Emrys Foundation