Greenville gala to feature silent, live auctions
Friday, January 17, 2020 Friday, January 31, 2020
The art sale at the 2017 S.C. Arts Awards Luncheon
The South Carolina Arts Foundation (SCAF) invites South Carolina artists to participate in its 2020 Silent & Live Art Auction. The art auction takes place in conjunction with the South Carolina Arts Gala in Greenville on Thursday, April 16, 2020 at the Peace Center.
The Art Auction is meant to serve as both a sales opportunity for South Carolina’s visual artists and as an opportunity to build and promote arts patronage. A five-member panel/selection committee will select artists whose work will be included in the auction. Artists will be notified of their inclusion in either the silent or live auction by mid-February 2020.
- Artworks should be of high artistic quality.
- Artworks should have a broad appeal.
- Artworks must be original.
- Artworks must be framed with appropriate hanging devices (in the case of wall-hung pieces).
- Artworks should be representative of the artist’s style.
- 2-D work must not exceed 24” height and 36” width (inclusive of frame) to conform to the size of the freestanding wall system.
- 3-D work should be freestanding or should be able to fit on a pedestal that is 24” x 24.” We may be able to accommodate works that are larger.
- Please note: The parameters for dimensions are meant to serve as a guide and not as absolute dimensions.
Application Process and Submission Requirements
Each artist will determine the retail price of the artwork which will be used as the minimum bid amount. South Carolina Arts Foundation will handle the sale with the agreed upon split of the minimum 75/25% (artist/SCAF). Anything over and above the minimum bid will go to the South Carolina Arts Foundation.
If you have any questions, please contact South Carolina Arts Commission Visual Arts Director Harriett Green: 803.734.8762 or email@example.com.
The world-famous Hub Calls for Art Megaphone.