ArtPlace is accepting applications for Community Development Investments, a new one-time grant program offering $18 million to place-based non-governmental organizations (NGOs) with a primary mission of community planning and development. The program combines financial resources with advice from national experts to help organizations sustainably incorporate arts and cultural strategies into their work. Applications are due March 12, 2015.
ArtPlace will select one NGO in each of six geographical regions and provide up to $3 million in funding per organization. One of the six targeted regions is a metropolitan community in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, or West Virginia.
The call for applications is open to place-based NGOs that:
- have a defined geographical area of focus (neighborhood, town, city, region, etc.)
- are working to achieve a variety of social, economic, and physical outcomes in that geographical area
- regularly partner and work across sectors to achieve these community outcomes
- have long-term vision and presence in a community
- do not have a significant history of working with the arts and cultural sector
Each selected organization will also work with national creative placemaking experts, a Financial Capital Consortium, a Federal Grants Advisory Team, and a Community Documentation and Research Team.
ArtPlace is interested in investing in organizations that represent a variety of regions of the country and work in communities of different sizes. Combining those desires with the geographical priorities of our funding partners, ArtPlace is inviting organizations with a programmatic focus in one of the following six regions:
- a community of any size in Alaska
- a community of any size in California
- a nonmetropolitan area community in Arizona, New Mexico, or Texas
- a nonmetropolitan area community in Minnesota
- one or more neighborhoods of Philadelphia, PA
- a metropolitan community in Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, or West Virginia
Visit www.artplaceamerica.org/CDI for more information.