Apply by August 1.
Tryon Fine Arts Center, located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, is seeking an executive director for its thriving arts center — a 315-seat proscenium theater (presentations and rentals), an outdoor amphitheater and gardens, multiple galleries and class spaces.
- Passion and vision for the arts
- History of successful fund-raising and grant writing
- Talent for fostering collaborative relationships in the community
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and administrative skills
- Minimum three years leadership/senior management experience in arts field
- Bachelor’s degree
- Direct development and secure all presentations, programs and rentals, in partnership with support staff and the board of directors, maintaining quality, variety and excellence.
- Oversee marketing and publicity.
- Plan and oversee all fund-raising activities in partnership with support staff and the board of directors. This includes capital, annual, endowment and estate planning campaigns as well as grants and special events.
- Represent the Tryon Fine Arts Center to the public and, as such, exhibit comprehensive perspective on the center’s mission, programs and services.
- Hire and manage paid and volunteer staff. (The current staff consists of three full-time and two part-time employees.)
- Develop and maintain structure for the board of directors, leading planning and building a sense of teamwork and partnership with focus on the mission.
- Ensure sound financial decisions within the parameters established by the board of directors. Prepare financial business plans, annual budgets and monthly forecasts, and monitor cash flow and income/expense trends ensuring legal and regulatory compliance.
Compensation and benefits are commensurate with experience.
To apply, send cover letter and resume by August 1, 2014 to:
PO Box 33, Tryon, N.C. 28782
Or e-mail TFACsearch@gmail.com
No phone inquiries
For more information, visit www.tryonarts.org.
Via: Tryon Fine Arts Center