The Tryon Arts and Crafts School (TACS), in Tryon, N.C., is seeking an executive director.
TACS has been in operation for 55 years as a community and regional center designed to provide creative opportunities through education, instruction and expression of heritage and contemporary arts and crafts. The intent of the organization is to honor and preserve the past and create the future. TACS is a 503c organization.
The ideal candidate will have these skills:
- an aptitude for business.
- exceptional leadership skills (for people and the organization).
- credentials, aptitude or experience consistent with the TACS mission.
- exceptional written and verbal skills.
- a passion for traditional and contemporary arts and crafts.
- a history of successful fundraising and grant reception.
- facility with computers.
- provides day-to-day management and execution of ongoing goals of TACS.
- reports directly to the executive committee, ultimately to the board of directors and is responsible for consistent achievement of the mission, financial objectives and development of future plans for the organization.
- supervises and supports TACS staff.
- develops classes, workshops and special events in conjunction with the education and special events committees.
- develops broad guidelines of a marketing strategy in conjunction with the marketing committee.
- serves as an emissary and leader to other community arts organizations, businesses, citizens and funding organizations essential to TACS.
- administers the current budget and assists in developing yearly budgets.
Submit one file in PDF format, including a cover letter and resume to: Director@tryonartsandcrafts.org. References will be required if you are considered for interview. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. A bonus is possible. This is a full-time position.
Application review begins on Wednesday, June 17, and continues until position is filled.
For more information, visit www.tryonartsandcrafts.org.