Applications are due May 2.
On June 13-15, 2014, the South Carolina Arts Commission’s Artists’ Ventures Initiative will host the Artists U/SC Intensive in downtown Spartanburg, S.C.
Drawing on his work with Artists U Philadelphia, artist leader Andrew Simonet will outline approaches for reconnecting with our deep values, building community, and slaying the two demons of the artist’s life: time and money. Topics to be discussed:
- Why artists are poor and why they shouldn’t be
- Tools artists have used to make things easier
- How to build a life that is balanced, productive and sustainable
Artists U’s South Carolina leaders, Tamara LaValla, Karen Ann Myers and Rodney Rogers, will join Andrew in leading workshops and exercises he has developed over eight years of working with artists nationally.
Seven participating artists will have the chance for one-on-one sessions with a facilitator.
How to apply
- Any South Carolina artist may apply to attend.
- There is no cost, but class size is limited.
- You must be able to attend both sessions: Friday, June 13 from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. AND Saturday, June 14 from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.
The weekend intensive is free, however, if you are traveling from out of town, you will be responsible for your own lodging and transportation expenses. Artists who are accepted to attend will receive location details.
Complete this online application to apply.
Applications are due Friday, May 2. Selected applicants will be notified via e-mail by May 16.
If you have any questions about this application or the Artists U/SC Intensive weekend, please contact Joy Young, (803) 734-8203.
Visit the South Carolina Arts Commission’s website for more information about the S.C. Artists’ Ventures Initiative.