Immediate hire for looming season
Columbia City Ballet is seeking a technical director for the 2021/2022 performance season.
From the company:
The ideal candidate will be proficient in all theatrical technical elements including scenic, carpentry, sound, lighting and projections, and stage management. A creative problem solver with at least 3 years of professional experience and capable of quickly troubleshooting technical theater elements and possessing exemplary organizational and communication skills.
- This key position reports directly to the executive & artistic director and has responsibility for all technical needs and requirements including music, lighting, and scenic elements.
- Coordinates technical requirements in all performance venues.
- Supervises load-ins, strikes, and technical rehearsals.
- Prepares and delivers all lighting, fly rail, and other designs in a timely manner.
- Coordinates truck rental and other transportation needs.
- Maintains, stores, repairs, transports, and controls inventory of all artistic collateral including but not limited to sets, scenery, and props.
- Provides technical support for all public, community and promotional events including performances, technical rehearsals, galas, public appearances, demonstrations, and other events.
- Works closely with the finance director on all purchasing, sourcing, budgetary, and expense related tasks.
- Coordinates crew assignments with all performance venues and coordinates all tour logistics for sets, scenery, and technical crew members. Manages technical crew members and provides accurate payroll information to the office of the finance director. Reviews and provides technical guidance for tour and venue contracts.
- Manages all rentals of sets, scenery, props, and costumes from our extensive collections including negotiating and executing rental agreements.
A bachelor’s degree or acceptable combination of education and professional experience is required. Salary is negotiable, commensurate with experience.
Qualified applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and professional references to:
Image by bigter choi from Pixabay