Sumter County is seeking an executive director for Patriot Hall and Cultural Center to work closely with the Sumter County Cultural Commission to promote cultural activities and coordinate cultural efforts for the benefit of the community.
Examples of duties:
- Manages the operations and programming of Patriot Hall and the County Cultural Center
- Coordinates and implements annual festival(s), and event(s)
- Coordinates the County artists-in-residency program with local school district personnel.
- Maintains a calendar of cultural events; prints and distributes monthly schedules.
- Distributes cultural information to arts organizations, individuals and the general public.
- Oversees the use of Patriot Hall and the Cultural Center by other organizations; prepares billing invoices.
- Oversees the preparation of the annual department budget; controls department expenditures and oversees capital improvements.
- Administers quarterly grant program, including writing grants and monitoring expenditures.
- Supervisory duties include instructing; assigning, reviewing and planning work of others
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in public administration, communications, art, or business management, supplemented by three to five years of management, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Salary: $40,000.
Position is open until filled.
A complete job description and application are available online.