Statewide Arts Conference to feature two national keynote speakers
Special anniversary pricing of $50 is valid through July 21.
The Statewide Arts Conference will feature two national leaders as keynote speakers: Dr. Jane Chu, (left) Chairman, National Endowment for the Arts, and Elizabeth Merritt, (right) Founding Director, Center for the Future of Museums and Vice President for Strategic Foresight, American Alliance of Museums. Merritt will also lead a session during the conference.
The conference kicks off at the S.C. State Museum in Columbia’s Vista Cultural District Thursday, September 14 with an evening plenary and a reception for the exhibition Eclipsing 50: The State Art Collection 1967-2017. The conference continues Friday, September 15 with a full day of sessions and museum experiences.
A sample of conference sessions:
- South Carolina’s Creative Cluster: A Look at New Data About the Arts and Economic Development
- Making Your Life as an Artist: A Guide to Building a Balanced, Sustainable Artistic Life
- Advocacy and NASCAR
- Recycle & Renew: Hands on Art Making
- Peering Into the Financial Future – Finding New Strategies for Sustainable Support
- Moonshot! Exploring the State Art Collection in Eclipsing 50
- Have Exhibition, Will Travel
The conference also includes customized tours and presentations by State Museum staff members.
Take advantage of special anniversary pricing! Registration is only $50 through July 21. After July 21, registration is $75 per person ($65 per person for two or more participants who register at the same time.)
Area hotels are offering special rates for conference attendees.
Thank you to Wells Fargo, our Statewide Arts Conference sponsor.