July 28, 2015 update: This position has been filled.
Spartanburg Little Theatre in Spartanburg, S.C., invites qualified individuals to apply for the position of Director of Youth Theatre Programs and Education. This position oversees all aspects of Spartanburg Youth Theatre productions and is responsible for creating and administering educational programming for K4-12. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
Examples of job duties:
- Work with the Executive Artistic Director of the Spartanburg Little Theatre to select and procure rights for all Spartanburg Youth Theatre mainstage productions.
- Manage all Spartanburg Youth Theatre productions, including hiring production staff, scheduling and supervising auditions, coordinating build days and parent volunteers, and management of production budgets.
- Direct at least one Spartanburg Youth Theatre mainstage production.
- Work with the Spartanburg Youth Theatre Parent Advisory Council to coordinate parent volunteers for all Spartanburg Youth Theatre school time and public shows.
Theatre Education/Youth Classes
- Develop educational goals for the Spartanburg Youth Theatre’s youth education programs.
- Select classes and workshops in support of those goals for two 10-week class sessions (one in the fall semester, and one in the spring semester) and a full program of summer camps.
- Teach at least two youth courses per semester and two summer camp sessions.
- Oversee the scheduling and hiring of teachers, enrollment of students and teacher payroll.
- Work with community organizations (e.g. The Boys and Girls Clubs, Spartanburg County Public Library, etc.) to provide educational opportunities for area youth.
- Create educational materials for each Spartanburg Youth Theatre production and distribute to all schools and teachers attending school time productions
- Develop and maintain relationships with area schools, businesses and other community organizations.
- Work with the Spartanburg Little Theatre media coordinator to ensure effective publicity strategies and advertising of Spartanburg Youth Theatre educational programs and productions.
- Work with the Spartanburg Little Theatre media coordinator to maintain a vibrant social media presence (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Ensure that the Spartanburg Youth Theatre website is regularly updated and maintained.
- Adhere to production and education budgets in coordination with the Spartanburg Little Theatre Executive Artistic Director.
- Maintain and manage attendance spreadsheets for Spartanburg Youth Theatre school time performances and education programs.
- Invoice schools for Spartanburg Youth Theatre school time performances.
- Attend monthly meetings of the Spartanburg Youth Theatre Parent Advisory Council to discuss upcoming events, fundraisers, coordinate volunteers and ensure production support.
- Select members of and lead monthly meetings for the Spartanburg Youth Theatre Junior Advisory Board.
- Assist the Spartanburg Little Theatre executive artistic director in maintaining all safety and security policies
Visit Spartanburg Little Theatre’s website for a complete list of duties, required qualifications and application instructions.
Via: Spartanburg Little Theatre