The Spartanburg Art Museum (SAM) at the Chapman Cultural Center seeks a museum director to be responsible for all aspects of the organization and for implementing the policies established by the board of trustees.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of four year’s work experience in a museum or nonprofit arts agency
- Proven ability to effectively conduct an annual membership campaign and secure sponsorships for exhibits and outreach programs
- Working knowledge of curatorial practices
- Proven ability to plan and implement special events, exhibits and membership events
- Proven ability to manage business and financial affairs of a nonprofit organization
- Experience in supervising and motivating a team of employees and volunteers
- Ability to update and maintain organizational and financial records
- Experience working with a nonprofit board of directors in an arts environment
- Experience with marketing and public relations
A complete job description and application procedures are available online.
Founded in 1907, SAM is a regional museum promoting the visual arts and is located in the Chapman Cultural Center in downtown Spartanburg.
Via: Spartanburg Art Museum