South Arts awards $28,836 to South Carolina arts organizations
South Arts announces a total of $28,836 awarded to South Carolina arts organizations for fiscal year 2013-14 to present touring artists. Through the Regional Touring program, the National Endowment for the Arts and South Arts partner to offer nonprofit presenting organizations fee support to present artists from outside of their states. Touring support is awarded for theatre, music, opera, musical theatre and dance projects that contain both a public performance and an educational component.
- Arts Center of Coastal Carolina (Hilton Head), $5,475
- City of Charleston (Charleston), $3,525
- Clemson University (Clemson), $3,861
- Peace Center Foundation (Greenville), $6,100
- Rock Hill School District (Rock Hill),$3,825
- University of South Carolina Educational Foundation (Columbia), $2,860
- Walhalla Civic Auditorium (Walhalla), $3,190
A total of 126 applications were submitted from South Arts’ nine-state region, and 100 projects totaling $433,193 in funding will be supported by grants. The following states are in South Arts’ region: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
About South Arts
South Arts, a nonprofit regional arts organization, was founded in 1975 to build on the South’s unique heritage and enhance the public value of the arts. South Arts’ work responds to the arts environment and cultural trends with a regional perspective. South Arts offers an annual portfolio of activities designed to address the role of the arts in impacting the issues important to our region, and to link the South with the nation and the world through the arts.
Via: South Arts