SCAC opens new arts orgs+ arts ed position
Apply now for the SCAC’s new position
Application deadline: Wednesday, Nov. 13, 2019, 11:59 p.m. ET
The South Carolina Arts Commission (SCAC) is seeking a specialist for arts organizations and education (Arts Coordinator II). The most highly qualified candidate will have experience in K-12 arts education, community arts development, and leadership in the arts.
The candidate must also demonstrate good judgment along with the ability to build and maintain relationships among a broad cross section of local arts council, business, government, arts, education, and community leaders to support S.C. Arts Commission programs and services statewide.
The person in this role will:
- design, manage and implement statewide programs for arts organizations, K-12 schools, and arts education programs,
- work under supervision of the deputy director, playing a vital role in working with constituents, grantees, educators, artists, teaching artists, organizations, and partner agencies,
- provide consulting and technical assistance to arts organizations, non-arts organizations, schools, and individuals within assigned programmatic areas.
Preferred qualifications include a bachelor’s degree* in arts education, an arts discipline, or arts administration and five (5) years combined professional experience in any of the following:
- Arts education
- Arts education programming
- Community arts development
- Non-profit administration
- Certified K-12 classroom teacher
- Educational administration
The ideal candidate would also have comprehensive understanding of the arts, arts disciplines, and issues related to arts education and youth development through the arts; knowledge of state and national arts and arts education issues; the ability to conduct needs assessments, evaluate programs and propose appropriate solutions, prepare reports; and the ability to speak Spanish.
*Degree must be from an institution of higher learning recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Salary and other details may be found by visiting the link below. Punctuality, regular attendance, and adherence to daily work schedule are essential. Overnight travel, evening, and weekend work is sometimes required, as well as light lifting and long periods of sitting. The South Carolina Arts Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer actively committed to ensuring diversity.
View the complete list of requirements and job duties and find out how to apply here.