SC Philharmonic accepting applications for two openings
Marketing/Communications + Education/Community Engagement positions open
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, August 20, 2021
The SC Philharmonic is accepting applications for two full-time positions on its administrative staff.
The Columbia-based orchestra has been recognized lately for its leadership in incorporating virtual presentations (see #9) to stay connected to audiences during the pandemic. Just after performing a sold-out concert on a baseball diamond this month, they renewed Music Director Morihiko Nakahara’s contract through the 2024/2025 season. – Ed.
UPDATE: This position has been filled as of Aug. 9.
Marketing & Communications Director The South Carolina Philharmonic seeks an experienced arts marketing and communications professional to continue the momentum achieved with recent advances in its communication strategies, with a goal to make symphonic music fresh and relevant to a broad, contemporary audience. The person who holds this post will work collaboratively with the music director and staff to advance the artistic vision of the organization.
Qualifications, Skills, and Attributes 5+ years’ experience in marketing at another non-profit organization, preferably in the arts-and-culture sector, demonstrating proficiency and success in managing subscription and single-ticket campaigns and organizational communications Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent Excellent verbal presentation and written communication skills Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to respond thoughtfully, calmly and with excellent judgment to shifting priorities and urgent situations Comfortable in a fast-paced, team-driven, results-oriented environment Commitment to providing world-class, patron-centric customer service in all patron interactions Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, e-newsletter programs such as Mailchimp, and graphic design software such as InDesign and Illustrator Respect for and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information Availability to work evenings and weekends as driven by events Click here to apply: https://www.scphilharmonic.com/meet-our-family/employment-opportunities/
Education & Community Engagement Director
The South Carolina Philharmonic seeks an experienced arts and education professional to lead its work in education, community outreach and lifelong learning to ensure meaningful and effective engagement in Columbia and throughout the Midlands. The orchestra is dedicated to expanding its work in these areas as part of its strategic plan and looks to reach and inspire audiences of all ages, and through a greater level of equity, diversity and inclusion. The person who holds this post will work collaboratively with the music director and staff to ensure that education and engagement programs are following the artistic vision of the organization.”
Qualifications, Skills, and Attributes
- 5+ years’ experience in arts education teaching and/or administration
- Strong knowledge of how to navigate the public school system
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent
- Excellent verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to respond thoughtfully, calmly and with excellent judgment to shifting priorities and urgent situations
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and comfort with database software
- Respect for and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as driven by events
- Enthusiastic and Engaging personality with a knowledge and passion for music
- Click here to apply: https://www.scphilharmonic.com/meet-our-family/employment-opportunities/
Both positions have an application deadline of Friday, August 20, 2021