SC Arts Commission seeks deputy director
The South Carolina Arts Commission seeks a passionate, imaginative, and resourceful deputy director with a successful record of arts management, leadership, collaboration, cultural competency, a love of the arts, and a commitment to public service for the citizens of South Carolina. Our ideal candidate will share our mission and values, and be excited to help grow, refine, secure resources, and advocate on behalf of the programs and services that have made the Arts Commission a valuable contributor to the state’s economic and educational development. This position will begin just as the agency is preparing to set ambitious new goals for the coming decade, including expanding K-12 arts education, arts entrepreneurship, and community arts services.
- Assists the executive director in long-range and strategic planning and implementation of agency goals and objectives.
- Analyzes, develops and implements policies to accomplish established goals and objectives.
- Assists in preparing the agency’s annual budget request to the governor and the legislature.
- Monitors, analyzes and addresses the impact of agency programs.
- Conceives and manages innovative new projects, writes business plans and develops specific plans of action.
- Serves as partner, liaison and agency representative to a broad constituency at a variety of state, regional, and national convenings.
- Assists executive director with special grants and total agency budgets.
- Manages special projects, activities and events assigned by the executive director that are typically complex and highly visible efforts with potential for statewide and national impact. Planning requires a high level of creativity, in-depth research on issues, and working effectively with entities outside the agency, legislators and funders.
The position will remain open until filled.
Please read the complete job description, qualifications and application instructions thoroughly prior to calling with questions.