SC Arts Commission seeking Poetry Out Loud coordinator
Application deadline is Aug. 14.
The South Carolina Arts Commission is hiring a part-time Poetry Out Loud coordinator to manage and implement the statewide Poetry Out Loud (POL) program and assist with arts education programs. Working under the supervision of the Arts Education Program Director, the POL coordinator plays a vital role in working with national, state, and regional partners, teachers, and students.
Duties include not be limited to:
- Work extensively with Arts Education Program Director, regional, and state partners to administer the Poetry Out Loud program throughout the state;
- Work with Arts Education Program Director to develop new Poetry Out Loud partnerships;
- Increase awareness of and participation in the Poetry Out Loud program, specifically in school districts that have not participated in the past three years;
- Research and implement alternative participation opportunities for students whose schools do not participate in the Poetry Out Loud program;
- Serve as liaison for participating Poetry Out Loud teachers and notify them of important information related to regional competitions, state finals, national finals, and future dates;
- Supervise regional partners in the organization and execution of three Poetry Out Loud regional competitions; work with regional partners to ensure all regional partner responsibilities, expectations, and programmatic goals are met; collect final reports from regional partners;
- Work with Poetry Out Loud fiscal agent to ensure payment is delivered on time to regional partners;
- Coordinate arts education events, including but not limited to Poetry Out Loud state final competition;
- Work with Communications Director to develop a Poetry Out Loud marketing plan; write and distribute press releases for events;
- Manage social media engagement for Poetry Out Loud program;
- Work with Arts Education Program Director, Communications Director, and Grants Office staff to create grant and program webinars;
- Coordinate with SCAC Project Team for administrative and/or project assistance in a timely manner;
- Coordinate with Poetry Out Loud state champion and her/his teacher to ensure s/he registers for National Competition;
- Coordinate coaching opportunities for Poetry Out Loud regional finalists in preparation for the state finals competition and for state finalist in preparation for the national finals competition;
- Attend Poetry Out Loud National Finals in Washington, DC as SCAC representative;
- Prepare required Poetry Out Loud Final Descriptive Report for National Endowment for the Arts;
- Work with Arts Education Program Director to execute arts education special projects;
- Other Poetry Out Loud and arts education administrative duties as assigned.