S.C. Arts Awards Luncheon Art Sale makes call for art
Application deadline: Friday, Feb. 22, 2019
South Carolina artists have the unique opportunity to be featured in front of the state’s most arts-savvy patrons on the day of its highest arts awards.
The South Carolina Arts Foundation (SCAF) invites South Carolina artists to participate in the 2019 Art Sale, held in conjunction with South Carolina Arts Awards Day on Wednesday, May 1, 2019 (subject to change). The sale is always the centerpiece of the South Carolina Arts Awards Luncheon, a celebration of the recipients South Carolina Arts Awards: the Elizabeth O’Neill Verner Governor’s Awards for the Arts and Jean Laney Harris Folk Heritage Awards. The art sale and the luncheon will be at the USC Alumni Center (900 Senate St., Columbia).
The Art Sale serves as an sales opportunity for South Carolina’s visual artists and as an opportunity to build and promote arts patronage within the state.
A panel of SCAF board members and other arts professionals will select artists whose work will appear in the 2019 sale. When submitting work for the 2019 Art Sale, artists should follow the guidelines below.
Each artist will determine the price of work submitted for the Art Sale. Should a patron select a work for purchase, the price will be split 75/25 (artist/SCAF). While some works will carry a higher price, works priced up to $500 have been more likely to sell in past years.
Artists are requested to provide high-quality digital images of the work(s) the Art Sale Committee selects for possible inclusion in print and online promotional materials.
To be considered for the Art Sale, please apply online through Submittable at
2019 South Carolina Arts Awards Luncheon Art Sale:
Guidelines and Conditions
- Works should be of high artistic quality.
- Works should have a broad appeal.
- Works must be original.
- Works must be framed with appropriate hanging devices (in the case of wall-hung pieces).
- Works should be representative of the artist’s style.
- Artists are requested to provide high-quality digital images of the work(s) selected to be included in print and online promotional materials.
- 2-D work must not exceed 24” height and 36” width (inclusive of frame) to conform to the size of the freestanding wall system. We may be able to accommodate works that are larger.
- 3-D work should be freestanding or should be able to fit on a pedestal that is 24” x 24.”
- The parameters for dimensions are meant to serve as a guide and not as absolute dimensions.
Artworks included in the Awards Luncheon Art Sale should not exceed $500.00 to encourage and accommodate impulse purchases during a one-hour sale.
Conditions of Sale
- The South Carolina Arts Foundation will handle the sale with a 75/25 split (artist/SCAF) of the artist’s stated price.
- Payment to the artist will be made within 2-3 weeks after the event.
Artists with Gallery Representation
Artists who are represented by a gallery are encouraged to notify the gallery of his/her participation in this sale.
If you have any questions, please contact Nick Boismenu with the South Carolina Arts Commission by calling 803.734.0014 or emailing email@example.com.