Refreshments, short performances, networking and more on March 15
Join other Midlands artists, arts organizations, and arts nonprofits to meet members of the South Carolina Arts Commission team Tuesday, March 15 from 2-7 p.m.
Artists and arts groups from all disciplines are encouraged to attend. This indoor-outdoor pop-up has it all, to include refreshments, short performances, and networking time.
There are two components to the event.
ONE-ON-ONE MEETINGS WITH SCAC STAFF
Select SCAC staff will be available for one-on-one meetings with individual artists or arts organization staff between 2-5:30 p.m.:
- Ce Scott-Fitts, Artist Development Director
- Focus area on support materials, resumes, or how to write a narrative/description on grant applications, for individual artists, across disciplines
- La Ruchala Murphy, Arts Industry Director
- Focus area on arts organizations, nonprofit best practices, applying for project/operating support funding, and capacity building
- Amber Westbrook, Grants Coordinator
- Focus area on best practices including finding grants that best fit your project, navigating the the grant process application through final report, and grantor/grantee relationships
The outdoor popup begins at 5:30 p.m. and will take place in the backyard featuring refreshments, performances and networking. Staff from the SCAC, Central Carolina Community Foundation, and One Columbia will be on hand to share details about artist resources in the Midlands.
The Midlands Meet-up will take place at the 1013 Co-Op (1013 Duke Ave., Columbia, 29203) on March 15, 2022. Parking is available on Arlington Street just across from the 1013 Co-Op.
Registration is required for one-on-ones by going here to register. Registration for the open meet-up is encouraged. Free.