Park Circle Film Society accepting submissions for Lowcountry Shorts Film Festival
Entry deadline is August 30.
North Charleston’s Park Circle Film Society‘s annual Lowcountry Shorts Film Festival is accepting submissions. The two-day festival celebrating the best new short films is hosted by James Island’s Terrace Theater and takes place September 28-29, 2013.
Now in its ninth edition, Lowcountry Shorts is Charleston’s festival dedicated to screening high-quality short films by local, national and international filmmakers. The fest has screened more than 70 films from eight countries to date.
In an effort to support independent filmmakers everywhere and further our mission — enriching the community through film — there is no fee for submission.
Prizes will be awarded by a jury in two categories:
- Best of the Fest
- Regional Spotlight Award, for SC/NC/GA filmmakers
Additional awards will be considered in the following categories:
- Audience Award
- Best Student Film
- Best Foreign Language Film
- Entries must be received by August 30.
- Documentary, narrative, music video and experimental films are encouraged.
- Films must have a running time of at least one minute and not longer than 40 minutes.
- Only complete entries (including entry form and full-length digital or DVD screener) will be accepted.
- Films previously submitted to other festivals are eligible. Films previously submitted to Lowcountry Shorts Film Festival are NOT eligible.
- Entries must be in English or subtitled in English. Non-English entries submitted without subtitles are not eligible.
Via: Park Circle Film Society