APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sunday, July 31, 2022
One Columbia, the city’s local arts agency, is seeking to expand its staff by adding a new public art administrator.
- Location: Columbia, South Carolina
- Employee type: Full-time
- Salary range: $40,000-50,000 based upon experience
Position scope and objectives
One Columbia for Arts and Culture, a 501(c)3 organization that promotes collaboration and celebrates the arts and historic preservation community in Columbia, seeks a public art administrator for a paid, full-time position. The selected candidate will perform the following duties:
- Coordinate and manage One Columbia’s public art program, including artist identification and selection, site identification, project management, and final installation.
- Facilitation of panel review process for artist selection as needed
- Serve as a liaison to the City of Columbia Planning and Development Services regarding public art projects on public right-of-way and as a liaison to private developers when appropriate.
- Provide curatorial support for the City of Columbia public art collection.
- Maintain records, track projects, prepare and formalize contracts with artists; oversee conservation, restoration, and maintenance of artwork in the collection.
- Conduct site visits and writes condition reports on existing artwork.
- Maintain the public-facing directory of Columbia-area public art.
Other duties may be required as assigned by the executive director. This is a moderately supervised position, and supervisor will provide on-the-job training regarding specific duties.
Necessary skills and expertise
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of experience, associate’s degree and 4 years of experience, or a high school diploma and 6 years of experience
- Strong administrative skills, including typing, writing, and editing
- Ability to effectively communicate with the general public and provide positive customer service
- Excellent verbal presentation, written communication, and organizational skills
- Experience in non-profit organizational operations preferred
- Grant writing and grant administration experience is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to thoughtfully respond to shifting priorities
- Respect for and ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Availability to work some evenings and weekends
- An understanding of and appreciation for art and history
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 31, 2022.
One Columbia for Arts and Culture does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, class, creed, physical or mental disability.