Help keep the program budget growing
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Until filled
In the past three years South Arts has tripled its budget ($3M – $9M).
We want to continue this momentum and anticipate significantly increasing the program budget within the next 3-5 years. South Arts is seeking a dynamic individual with a proven track record that can accomplish that goal. This position reports to the president & CEO, is part of the executive management team, and will be expected to be a major contributor of vision and leadership, helping to accomplish the strategic plan and fulfill South Arts’ mission of advancing Southern vitality through the arts.
Our major sources of funding have been government and foundations, to include:
- The National Endowment for the Arts,
- Andrew W. Mellon Foundation,
- Doris Duke Charitable Foundation,
- and Margaret A. Cargill Philanthropies.
These will continue to be important sources and we want to increase our foundation footprint, but South Arts also wants to diversify its funding streams by moving into corporate and individual contributions. South Arts is not a membership organization and is not planning to become one. We serve nine southern states and anticipate that advancement will be an effort in each state.
South Arts is one of six regional arts organizations in the U.S. and has been primarily serving the performing arts field. A recent example of the organization’s programming initiatives is a multimillion-dollar national grant program related to jazz artists touring across the U.S. In the past three years South Arts has expanded to serve a broader range of art forms and constituents. Diversity, equity and inclusion are key values of this organization. It is an exciting growth period for South Arts, and we are looking for someone who wants to be a valuable part of that growth.
- Design development strategies and oversee ongoing development efforts for the organization working with the executive management team, board and staff to identify funding opportunities, targets and approaches that integrate with South Arts’ program plan and overall strategic plan
- Work directly with the Vice President of Programs to identify revenue streams for programs
- Work closely with the Communications Director to advance South Arts
- Design and implement an annual individual giving campaign
- Support and partner with the President & CEO and Board of Directors on all major fundraising initiatives and staff the Advancement Committee
- Develop all fundraising proposals, including corporate sponsorship and local and national grants
- Oversee grant compliance and reporting
- Help the organization define performance measures for fund development and systematically monitor results
- Devise and implement special fundraising projects as needed (e.g. programmatic campaigns, etc.)
- Oversee all donor information using the Salesforce database system, provide statistical analysis to the board and the executive team as needed, and support staff responsible for daily Salesforce functions and donation tracking and processing
- Hire, train, and mentor any additional staff, interns or contractors in the advancement office
- Identify and steward prospective donors
- Stay on top of fundraising trends and the nonprofit community
- Respond to donor and prospect inquiries in a timely fashion
- Use prospect research tools and your donor database to build donor relationships
For additional responsibilities, qualifications, and instructions on applying, please click here.