National call for photography submissions
$1,000 awarded to first prize
Submission deadline: Monday, September 28, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET
Maryland’s Delaplaine Arts Center sent The Hub word of its upcoming National Juried Photography Exhibition. Submissions are being taken right now through Sept. 28.
The National Juried Photography Exhibition is held biennially in November at the center as part of Focus, its month-long celebration of photography. Artists residing within the U.S. are invited to enter up to three photographs for consideration. All photographs are eligible.
- September 28, 2020 • Deadline for entry submission (by 11:59 pm)
- October 12, 2020 • Notification of accepted works (by 5 pm)
- October 29, 2020 • Deadline for delivery of accepted works
- November 7 – 29, 2020 • Exhibition (physical & virtual)
- First — $1,000
- Second — $500
- Third — $250
- Honorable Mention — $125
About the Juror
Regina DeLuise is a Guggenheim Fellow and full-time faculty at the Maryland Institute College of Art. Her work is represented in private and public collections, including Museum of Modern Art, Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Art Institute of Chicago, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, Houston Museum of Fine Art, and the Canadian Centre for Architecture in Montreal. She has worked at the Daniel Wolf Gallery in NYC and co-founded Elm Street Arts, a cooperative gallery in Manchester, Vermont. DeLuise is from Brooklyn, New York, and received her BFA from SUNY in Purchase, New York, and her MA from Rosary College in Florence, Italy.
- All photographs, black & white, color, non-silver, computer-manipulated, digital, or pinhole are eligible.
- All photographs should have been completed by the submitting artist in the last 2 years. Accepted works should arrive ready to hang.
- Fee — $35 per artist ($25 if artist is a current member of the Delaplaine).
- Number of Pieces — Artists may submit up to three (3) photographs (in JPEG format) for consideration.
- Go here to submit your artwork.