Music Foundation of Spartanburg seeks development director
The Music Foundation of Spartanburg is seeking a development director to develop, implement, administer, evaluate, and monitor an aggressive fundraising program. This is a 30-hour per week position requiring some nights and weekends. Salary commensurate with applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Primary responsibilities will be to develop and secure funds to reach/surpass fundraising goals through a variety of financial development vehicles including: 1) individual gifts and individual donor upgrading, 2) corporate gifts and sponsorships, 3) foundation support for specific programs and projects, 4) advertisement solicitation, and 5.) special events.
Duties and responsibilities
- Major and planned giving: Expanding the number of leadership gift-level ($2,500+) and planned gift supporters. Developing goals and strategies for the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of each donor. Engaging in face-to-face solicitations with donors and prospects and securing leadership-level gifts. Conducting prospect research and actively leading the identification of major gift prospects to bring new supporters into the organization.
- Annual support: Implementing strategies to most effectively renew and increase gifts from annual support donors (gift capacities of less than $2,500). Solicits donations and cultivates relationships with donors in order to develop, secure, and maintain new income sources for present and long term financial support.
- Corporate sponsorship and ads: Identify, solicit and cultivate new and existing corporate sponsors and advertisers to meet or exceed fundraising goals.
- Grants: Leading and expanding the foundation grants program. Cultivating relationships with local foundations as strategically appropriate.
- Events: Planning and executing strategic cultivation and stewardship events, as applicable.
- Database: Maintaining confidential fundraising information in our database (eTapestry). Ensuring the accuracy of donor records. Creating and running relevant reports (including donor activity, revenue projections, and development program performance) and sharing them with the Executive Director, finance staff, and Board of Directors.
- Communications: Ensures that all communication to and from donors and potential donors (individual and corporate) are handled in an accurate, timely, and professional manner.
- Goals: Working with the Executive Director, creates financial development goals, monitors progress, and develops strategies to ensure fundraising goals are attained.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, marketing or a related field with specialized training in fundraising management highly desirable.
- Three to five years of progressively responsible experience in fundraising and fundraising management, or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability in handling multiple priorities, project management and meeting deadlines with strong planning and organizational skills.
To apply, submit a cover letter, resume, and three references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates are encouraged to apply by June 12, 2017, for priority consideration. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Music Foundation of Spartanburg is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability or veteran status.
About The Music Foundation of Spartanburg
The Music Foundation of Spartanburg is the largest professional performing arts organization in Spartanburg with roots reaching back to the 1880s. Our mission is to enrich, inspire and educate the Spartanburg community through live performances of high quality music. The numerous mission based programs include: the Spartanburg Philharmonic Orchestra (including a Classics Series and Espresso Series), Music Sandwiched In, SPO on the Square, Spartanburg Music Trail, Link Up, Peanut Butter & Jam, and, the most recent addition, the Bluegrass Concert Series.