Looking for an arts ed job?
Help out Engaging Creative Minds remotely
Apply soon! Target start date: Monday, February 15, 2021
The Hub would love to help someone start the new year with a new gig. Frequent SCAC partner in the Lowcountry Engaging Creative Minds is looking for a full-time administrative assistant who can—get this—work remotely during and after the pandemic. Posting below is provided by Engaging Creative Minds and does not in any way suggest involvement with or by the South Carolina Arts Commission, which is simply sharing information. It is edited for style.
Engaging Creative Minds (ECM) seeks an administrative assistant with a creative background to successfully support programs and operations. This is a salaried, full-time remote position. Only those with the qualifications listed below should apply. NOTE: This position will continue remotely even after the pandemic.
Duties and responsibilities are for primary support of ECM’s systems & operations coordinator for all virtual and in-person program delivery:
- Communicating with ECM instructors, teachers, seasonal staff and coaches
- Comparing and reporting pricing for program supplies and materials
- Managing volunteers, as needed, to assemble program kits & work at Charleston Marathon
- Scheduling & organizing meetings for coaches, staff and board, when necessary
- Packing and delivering program materials and supplies
- Scheduling , filming (on ECM iPhone) & uploading to Vimeo ECM’s virtual programs
- Entering invoices bi-weekly into bill.com
- Various other office assistance, as necessary
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate Include:
- Knowledge and experience working in Vimeo, Excel, Word, Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Zoom
- Knowledge and experience working in bill.com
- Excellent communication skills (perfectionist in grammar and spelling a plus)
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience with social media not required, but a plus
- Ability to shop for best pricing on program materials and organize multiple orders
- Must be a self-directed, self-motivated go-getter who can take the initiative to get things DONE!
- A passion for serving youth through the arts is a plus.
- Ability to work in-person when necessary to film scheduled ECM instructor programs during virtual learning
If you have these qualifications and want to work with a dynamic team of passionate arts educators and creative minds, please submit résumé and letter of interest telling us why you are the ideal candidate for this position to ECM Executive Director Robin Berlinsky:
- email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- OR mail to:
- Robin Berlinsky
Engaging Creative Minds
PO Box 31875
Charleston, SC 29417
- Robin Berlinsky
Target Start Date: Monday, February 15, 2021
ECM is an equal opportunity employer.
Mission and purpose
Engaging Creative Minds (ECM) mission is to spark creativity and curiosity in all learners through innovative learning experiences.
ECM is an Arts Integration educational nonprofit based in Charleston. We work with school districts, principals, teachers and the local workforce to identify specific knowledge and skill sets all students should master before graduating high school. We hire and train local artists, STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) professionals and cultural organizations, called ECM Instructors, to work with grade level teams of teachers to support learning through the Arts. Our goal is for every student to achieve academically, stay engaged in school and succeed in life while their teachers develop engaging Arts Integration teaching strategies that foster collaboration, critical thinking, communication & creativity. Both teachers and students report that ECM is a powerful model of success.